The Michiana Rental Association is committed to inform and educate our members about current significant property ownership, management, and legislative issues.
Members of our Association commit themselves to be a positive and proactive force in our community - particularly with our residents. This will be accomplished by providing better than average housing and conducting business utilizing the principles of fairness, dignity and respect.
Code of Ethics
The property owners, managers, and housing providers of the Michiana Rental Association hereby agree to support and practice the following Code of Ethics:
- We will treat our residents with fairness, dignity and respect at all times.
- Recognizing that we are in a service business, we will respond promptly to our resident's complaints and maintenance issues. We commit to keeping written records of these issues for the benefit of our residents and ourselves.
- We will comply, not only with the letter of the law, but with the spirit of the law regarding fair housing opportunities for all.
- We agree to fully comply with Indiana state law regarding security deposits - recognizing that the return of the security deposits are often a source of conflict. We commit to providing written documentation to our residents for any security deposit funds retained by us at the end of the rental period.
- We commit to providing "better than average" housing for our residents, recognizing that this will reinforce the markets perceived benefits of renting from MRA members. By "better than average", we mean that, at a minimum our properties will be clean, safe, and attractive.
- Desiring to enhance our community, we will make diligent efforts to maintain the exterior and grounds of our properties. We commit to educate our residents about trash disposal and to "police" our properties on a regular basis, taking appropriate action when required. We want to insure that MRA members are viewed as good neighbors.
- We will take an active part in our community, volunteering to help others. WE recognize that by giving, we are making a tangible effort to show the community that members of MRA are far different than the average landlord in Michiana.
- We commit to excellence in our business dealings at all times.